Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sophie, the "Snaucet"

Poor Sophie...she has been through the ringer this past week with being sick. It started on Monday with meltdowns galore, drooling like crazy, and saying "up up" to me constantly with her hands raised to me. Then onto Tuesday and Wednesday---high fevers, up to 103.8 degrees. My poor little girl was just whimpering like crazy. Onto Thursday, we got the "stomach bug" and then this morning Sophie woke up with a snaucet (AKA: Snot-faucet). Her nose is pouring, all day. I didn't even know it was possible to have so much "in there". She is just walking around with stuff pouring out of her nose and coughing up a storm. She looks so miserable!

But even with being so sick, Sophie still is making us laugh so much. Tonight at dinner time, I had to turn her high chair around to face the wall b/c she was getting so distracted by everyone (my family is in town) and wouldn't eat. Well, she had the time of her life looking at the wall and babbling away...oh for about 20-25 minutes, and she ate her food. We were all just dying with laughter.

But oh, I feel like I'm back in the newborn stage...after 10 months of Sophie sleeping through the night, we are back to 2,3,4 wake ups a night. Sleep, Sophie, sleep!

2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

I hope Sophie feels better soon! I hate reverting back to the all night wake ups.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness....SLEEP Sophie SLEEP!!!!