Friday, July 13, 2007

Babies, babies, and more babies!

In the past 2 weeks, it seems like some of the people that I am closest to have had babies! It is bringing me back to Sophie's "beginning" days...the awe and the wonder of this new person you brought into the world. I have loved holding these tiny little ones, or seeing their pictures if they are far away (Roxy), but it is the craziest thing, b/c I"m so nervous to hold them! I forget Sophie ever being that age and I forget how to "handle" them:)

I have been soooo set on "no more kids for awhile"...I've always said at least 3 years in between. I think that stemmed from the early colicky days with Sophie and how TOUGH those days (and months) were. I had friends who had easy easy babies around when I had Sophie, and they are already pregnant again or have had their 2nd since then. I think having a harder or more demanding baby has made me want to wait a bit longer to have another one b/c I don't know if I'm mentally ready to go through that again (if it's to be like that the 2nd time around).

HOWEVER, seeing these babies, talking to my friends about their first few days and moments with their little ones, is stirring something in me. I am SOOOO not ready for a 2nd one (and Jeremy would kill me if I told him I wanted another one now) but it does do something to you to see one so little. But then I have to think of all the logistics of life. There would be no way that I could stay home at this point from work. Financially, we are not there right now. I really really want to be able to stay at home full time when we have more than 1, so that is making me hold off for now.

But seriously, I'm thinking that might be one of the only things...well, besides the fact that I just adore Sophie and don't want to share my time with her yet. Kind of crazy that I"m actually letting my mind go there again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

watch out that Baby Bug is catchy!