Thursday, July 19, 2007

Just one of those days

Ever have one of those days?? I'm not PMSing, but as sure as anything, Sophie is! (I have a new theory that baby girls PMS since they are out of the womb). Sophie is such a happy little thing usually, bubbly, smiley, singing, talking---she really has turned into an "easy" toddler (compared to these first few months)...so fast forward until this morning.

I hear Sophie waking up at 7...which is pretty good for her, but lately she's been sleeping in until 7:30 or 8...and she also went to bed a bit later last night too, so I was hoping for a7:30 or 8 wake up. Well, I went in there to give her a sippy cup of milk (I've been doing a sippy cup of milk in the morning for the past few days...she drinks milk from her sippy during the day, but has a bottle still at night). Usually she just drinks happily. This morning, she started swatting at the sippy and getting all bad. So I yell to Jeremy to get me a bottle and I try to give it to her in that, and she's just mad as anything now and arching...she eventually takes some. So then I try to cuddle with her (what we do EVERY morning) and she starts batting at my face. I take her hands, look in her eyes and say "no, Sophie, be gentle" and that turns into meltdown #2. I give her to Jeremy for awhile, and the next thing I hear is her crying AGAIN b/c he took away my cell phone from her (she has been calling 411 lately and racking up our phone bill).

She was pretty good for awhile this morning, but then started losing it again. She'd flop on the floor, bang her head on the floor once, but a bit too hard, and of course it would hurt and she would be having another tantrum. She'd turn to me and say "up up" with her hands raised up. I'd pick her up and within 2 seconds she's getting antsy so I put her down and then she gets mad.

Yii yii yii....I finally just put her down for a nap...we are back to 2 naps today, b/c there was no way I wanted to deal with Cranky Sophie for another 2 hours!! Hope she wakes up a little happier!

2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

I think that theory about baby PMS could be true. I think Allison gets it too!

Anonymous said...

That's how Eva was the last 2 weeks with her teething mess. I, thankfully, have my happy girl back with 2 more teeth.

It's hard though, isn't it? Because you got so used to their happy personality! I hear ya, both Sophie and Eva were fussy babies and now happy toddlers!