Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mommy panties...

I have always loved it that Sophie has such a big vocabulary. She started talking pretty early and can say SO much now. When something is funny and she sees us laughing, she'll join in and say "Funny, Mommy! Mommy silly". It is so fun to see her talking more.

However, it also means the start of "embarrassing moments" in public because of things Sophie is saying. For example, the other night, Jeremy, Sophie and I went to Target and were just walking around. We were walking by the bras/underwear and Sophie suddenly yells out "Mommy panties!" Of course she doesn't just do it once, but a few times.

Or how about at the restaurant when I give Sophie a spoon but she doesn't want it. She wants the fork instead. So she starts yelling "Fork fork!" instead. BUT, it doesn't sound like fork (use your imaginations).

I am sure this is only the first of many embarrassing moments.

4 comments:

House of Buster said...

Calliope did the exact thing in Superstore.... but instead she saw bras... and Yelled "mommy Boobies"!

Jen said...

Lol! The "fork, fork" thing reminds me of my brother, Jamie, & how he'd get super excited about fire trucks. Only he'd call them "fire-frucks." (Took him a while to get those T sounds down). Well he'd actually see one & start yelling "fire-fruck!" over & over, but you couldn't really hear the "r" in "fruck"... my parents would get really embarassed! :)

Mama Mia said...

THAT IS SOOOOOOO FUNNY.
The other day at the store B told everyone Daddy poops!

mommyto3kiddos said...

LOL...gotta love those embarrasing moments! Malin hasn't done anything like that to my yet, but Micah put me through plenty and I know it's just a matter of time before Malin does say embarrasing things in public. :)