Sunday, March 9, 2008

Precious Elias James...

My heart is just breaking for a friend of mine. I have known Ann since my early days of pregnancy. We joined the baby center birth boards around the same time, and were first time moms together. Over the past few months, I've talked to her on the phone a few times, and even though we have never met face to face in real life, I feel close to her. So when I heard about her loss, my heart just broke.

Ann was 28 weeks pregnant with her 2nd baby. She had her ultrasound 2 months ago but had chosen to not find out what she was having. It was neat to have a friend who was going through pregnancy again, and I loved hearing her news after each appointment.

On Wednesday, March 5th, Ann hadn't been feeling her baby move all day. They went in that night to the hospital and found out that their baby had died. The induced labor and little Elias James was delivered on Friday morning.

My heart is just grieving for her so much right now. To be that far along, to have felt your baby move, and then to have lost one so little, just breaks my heart. I know the fragility of life, and how precious it is. What I don't know, is how it feels to hold your child in your arms, to know that you will never hear them laugh, never see them smile, and never experience the joy of watching them grow up.

Please keep Ann, Aaron and Kiefer in your prayers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I haven't been on bbc at all this weekend so I had NO idea....I feel horrible!!!

Please if you talk to Ann, tell her she is in our prayers!!!!

Mama Mia said...

My heart is going out to Ann and her family.....i feel So bad for her....i am praying for her..please let her know I am here for her....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.