Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sophie the Chatterbox

I think we're in for it with Sophie...she is SUCH a chatterbox! She DOESN'T ever stop talking or at this point "babbling". Pretty much whenever she is awake, she is "talking". I love it, it's so cute. She has REALLY started to communicate with us and is saying more words. She has said mama, dada, uh oh, more, all done for awhile now, but today when she was saying "more" (and doing the sign language for it) she kept saying what sounded like "peash". She keep saying it and I think she's saying Please?? It's so cute.

My favorite things that Sophie "says" is her animal impersonations. We'll say "Sophie, what does a lion say?" and she'll go "Raaaa" with a gravely voice. When we say "Sophie, what does a doggy say?" she goes "Woo woo". And her newest one is when we ask her "Sophie, what does a snake say", and she says "sss sss". It's so precious and she is so proud of herself.

I know I say this about EVERY stage, but I think this is my favorite stage:)

4 comments:

Tracy Lea said...

Here I am! I'm commenting you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Go Sophie!!! That is really cool! Eva is a chattebox too. She says Mama, Dada, Kitty, and yeah. She just started saying Hi and she says "Hi Dada" all the time...too cute. Mostly she still babbles and screams...the happy girly scream...all the time. It's funny.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori,

I was so excited to see you have a blog. I can't check myspace at work because it's blocked but blogs are not so now I can stay updated on you! I am so happy mommyhood has embraced and you have embraced mommyhood! I can't wait for these precious times you describe. For now I can live vicariously through all mu girlfriends! Keep up the bloggin! I love it! --Jessie Hatter

Dee Ann said...

Lori- I know what you mean about having a chatterbox. Allison is always talking. Even if it is just babbling she has to be saying something. Right now she says MaMa, DaDa, Hi, Bye Bye, Uh Oh, Yeah, OK, NO NO, NaNa, & BaBa. She is also so cute when we say Allison what does a lizard do? and she will stick her tongue in and out really fast. It is so cute. I will try to get a video of it and share it with you.
Dee Ann