Thursday, April 26, 2007

I won't nap for Mommy! (but I will for the baby-sitter)

The title says it all...as some of you know, my little squirt, Sophie, has suddenly become very unpredictable in her naps! This is a child who has been SUCH a good napper for months and months now. Well, starting about a week ago, as soon as I'd put her down for a nap, she'd suddenly start crawling around, thumping her legs, talking and laughing, shrieking loudly...this is right after she's been yawning, and calmly snuggling in my arms. This goes on for about, oh, I don't know, it's usually at least 35 minutes!! Well, if you know me at all, you will know that I have control issues....I like to have everything set and in order and you can say I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. Yah, all that basically flew out the window when I had Sophie.

So yesterday I decided that, you know, maybe Sophie wasn't tired enough when I put her down, so I'll keep her up a bit later. So I do that. And wonder of all wonders she goes down SO easily, so squawking or playing or anything. So I leave her room, thinking I should get "Mom of the Year Award" or something for figuring out my daughter...until I hear her talking and laughing at 45 minutes...what????? She did this for both naps yesterday and then was the biggest crab the rest of the night.

Fast forward till this morning, where I'm dropping her off at the baby-sitters. Now, I warn her that Sophie has been napping horribly for me, so beware. Well, I get there today to pick her up, and here's the report:

Sophie had a 2.5 hr nap this morning (went down right away), and had an hour nap this afternoon (which I had to wake her up from when I picked her up)....little stinker....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that always the case? Mine has NEVER been a good napper though. She won't sleep at daycare AT ALL. Makes for one tired little lady!

Unknown said...

I hear ya on the perfectionism thing. Everything does change when you have a kid, huh? Do you think she's trying to change to only one nap instead of two a bit early??

Lori said...

I was wondering if she was ready for 1 nap, but I really don't think so. On days when she has only gotten 1 nap (like sundays) she is a BEAR. She still naps great at the baby-sitters so I'm not sure what the deal is.