Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Snotty and clingy

I think the title says it all!! My poor little baby is sick:( She has been more "sensitive" the past few days so I just attributed it to teething b/c she was a drooly mess. Well, lets say that last night, I got about 2.5 hours sleep! You don't know how glad I am that today is not my day to teach.

It is so hard to see Sophie so congested and struggling to breathe. Through it all, though, she has been such a trooper. She was up from 9:45-11:45 last night, slept for 1 hour, up at 12:45 screaming. I finally went in there and sat in the recliner and she slept on my for 2 hours...oh how reminiscent of the newborn days. Of course I didn't sleep at all so at 2:30 I came back in the room, and Sophie was up a bit before 6....

I guess this is motherhood:) And you know what? As hard as it is to see your little one so sick, and being so tired b/c of not being able to breathe well (her AND me), it is something special when she just lays her head on my shoulder or chest and holds onto me for dear life. For one moment she is not off exploring and getting into mischief, but just needing her Momma...I'll take that moment.

3 comments:

mommyto3kiddos said...

Lori - I LOVE those lay your head on my shoulder moments!! They grow up so fast and those times get fewer & fewer.

Anonymous said...

I second the snotty and clingy. Mine is the same way. I hope you got some sleep last night! E slept all night and I actually had to wake her this morning to get ready!

But I love the cuddle times. We always take her afternoon nap together...

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry she's so sick!! Get well wishes to you guys!