Thursday, November 4, 2010

Connections

Day #3: I am thankful for the awesome bible study I went to this morning! The last 7 weeks of the Beth Moore bible study has been amazing and I am sad it's over!

I have been going to my church for 12 years now. You'd think I'd have taken advantage of all the bible studies that are offered at my church in that time, right? Never have. I've given excuses...I work, and I'm tired at night. Or, I work, so I can't go to the morning studies b/c of that fact. Well, this summer, in the midst of realizing that a) I have lived here for 12 years and do not have a lot of close friends here at all, and b) I need to get off my sorry butt and put more effort and time into others lives and even though I treasure my days off with my kids, I know that I do crave close girl friendships. This summer I started getting together with some amazing moms from my church and have so enjoyed building those relationships. So now, even though I'm working, I am finding more of a connection so that means that even if I'm tired, I WILL go do these things b/c not only does it build my spiritual self, it is building my emotional self too, as I am finally making those dear, dear friends who I connect with.

1 comment:

Kylie and crew. said...

I love your perspective Lori....life is such a balancing act. I wish that I was a billionaire so I could send you money to stay at home! I'm glad you are making some rich friendships!