Saturday, June 7, 2008

I survived! (well, so far)

All year, since I knew my teaching partner was pregnant and would take the last few weeks off of school to rest before her baby was born, I have known that I would go full-time. To tell you the truth, that thought has FREAKED me out! This year has been a really tough one for us in the classroom, dealing with so many behavior/mental health issues, and often, my 2 or 3 days a week feels like it'll put me over the edge sometime. So, I was all ready to hit these last 2 weeks...put on my army boots, roll up my sleeves, and hit it hard.

In all honesty, it actually wasn't that bad! In some ways it was "easier" (in the classroom at least). I had a whole week to connect with the kids, I planned my own days, I didn't have to leave my classroom spic and span for my teaching partner to get back to, on Monday. It was actually a lot of fun!! I have also realized that teaching at the end of the week is way harder than the beginning of the week. There is one girl who always seems to act up more behavior wise for me, than my teaching partner, and it frustrated me b/c I really don't feel that I do anything any differently with her, than my teaching partner does. Well, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, this girl did really well in the classroom. On Thursday, she was so off. I do have to say, it made me feel better to know that it's not "me" but perhaps just how she is at the end of the week.

So I did it, I enjoyed it, let's see if I can keep up my energy for this next week, the last week of school. (Just don't look at my house....I don't know how all you full time working momma's do it all...my house is definitely showing my absence...)

4 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Glad you are doing well w/ your classroom....

mommyto3kiddos said...

Glad your week didn't go as bad as what you thought. LOL about the house...mine always looks like a tornado went through it. :)

Michelle said...

I'm so glad it's over for you! (((HUGS)))

Jen said...

Hooray for summer vacation - although I know yours has not been off to a stellar start. Been thinking of you lots.

As for how full time teachers/moms keep up with housework, I'll tell you how I plan to do it: I'm hiring a cleaning person to come once a month starting in October - at least to do the heavy scrubbing & dusting! I'm totally serious!