Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Grandma

It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I thought with me being done teaching, I would have PLENTY of time to come on here and play, give updates everyday or something like that, but that hasn't materialized yet.

On Father's day, at 5am, I got a call from my sister, telling me that my Grandma was in the hospital, she had had a stroke and was bleeding in her brain. Totally shocked me. By the evening, she had died. My grandma, who just the day before, had been making a big pot of soup, and talking about getting the carpet torn out, was gone. I hadn't seen her face to face since Christmas, so to me, it felt really surreal.

We headed up to Canada on Thursday, went to the viewing that night, then the burial on Friday, than the memorial service on Saturday. The whole time thinking, has this really happened? At my grandma's house, I just expected to see her sitting on the couch, like she always did during our many visits together when I was up from Portland.

The service on Saturday was such an amazing celebration of an even more amazing woman. My grandma, Olga Rubuliak, was such a fervent lover of God and an amazing prayer warrior. She prayed every single day for every single child, grand children and great grand children that she had, individually. So, that is 6 children, 10 grand children and 17 great grandchildren.

This world has lost a precious jewel in my grandma, but without a shadow of a doubt, I know that I will see her again. I love you grandma and miss you so much.

Grandma and Sophie, August 2007
Photobucket


Grandma and Sophie, Christmas
Photobucket

5 comments:

ya ya's mom said...

Beautifully written post Lori. Sorry for you loss.Did you hear Chelsey is headed to play her on Friday? Should we all meet up at the park?

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounded like a beautiful woman ---and she will live on in your heart forever. xo

Mama Mia said...

Lori, I am so sorry for your loss...

Deanna said...

I'm so sorry Lori. She sounds like an amazing person. But you will absolutely see her again. Hugs!

mommyto3kiddos said...

Lori, I'm sorry about your Grandma. HUGS