Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mr. Romantic

I do have to say, I think I must be married to the most romantic guy ever. Now, growing up, all my guy friends were the "macho chauvinist" type of guy, it seemed. You know, the kind where "Me man, you woman". I always was used to be being around guys like that.

Enter Jeremy, my husband. From the very beginning of our dating relationship, he has always been romantic. Whether it's been sending impromptu cards, writing songs for me, decorating my room with flowers, he has always been so thoughtful. And after being together for nearly 8 years, I have to say, that hasn't changed.

For Valentines this year, I received a "Clue" a week before that lead me on a treasure hunt around my house looking for clues to a Valentine surprise. I finally found the "invitation" to a romantic dinner, location held as a surprise, for Feb 15th (I worked on Valentines, and the next day, so thought Friday would be better). Well, as if that wasn't enough, on actual Valentines day, Jeremy cooked me a wonderful dinner, set up a "romantic dinner for 2" in our bonus room (after Sophie was down for the night).

I just have to say, I am so thankful for him. Not that he just does these romantic things, but that he puts so much care and thought into our relationship. I am so blessed!!

No comments: