Monday, July 20, 2009

My big girl

My precious little girl Sophie, went to preschool for the first time today! Our church has a summer preschool program so Jeremy and I decided to send her 1 day a week for the rest of the summer. Good for her to get out and interact with other kids, as well as get used to being there, as she'll be going there in the fall a couple days a week.

I couldn't help but feel a little "weepy" today over Sophie. She woke up super early "so excited Mom!" for going to preschool. Sophie just wants to be a "big girl" soooo badly.

Seeing Sophie at preschool (yes, I stayed for a bit...not too long, but I needed to, for my sanity, watch my precious little girl there). She found her name on the little carpet square, promptly sat down criss-cross applesauce and her hands in her lap (she has been talking about going to school FOREVER, this is a dream for her, she plays it all the time).

I know I need to "let go" and let her grow to be the independent little girl she is, who has such a love for life, learning and others. It's hard though, for me, to watch this precious little jewel, who fills my heart with so much love and joy, grow up and not "need me" as much anymore. This little one who made me a mom. This little one who cried and screamed for most of her first 3 months, but blossomed into a joyful little soul. In school. Without me.

Even as I write this, I have a little tear coursing down my cheek. I am so proud of the little sweetie Sophie has become, and love seeing her grow and learn and become who she is. I just pray, that even with this new season for her, that she will still come to me for the cuddles and hugs that I am not ready to give up yet.

Sophie today, ready to go to preschool

Photobucket

Photobucket

Learning
Photobucket

Eating lunch like a big girl
Photobucket

And just because I'm feeling SO sentimental...here is little Sophie...this feels like JUST yesterday...
Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

mommyto3kiddos said...

It's so hard watching them grow up and become more independent. But, you know she wouldn't be able to do all those "big girl" things if she didn't feel safe and secure and know that she has mom and dad who love her very much and who have helped her get to this point. :) HUGS to you! You have a beautiful "big" little girl and you should be very proud. :)

Mama Mia said...

Aw, she is so cute...I am glad she had a good day!

Kylie and crew. said...

Wow...what a big girl! You are a brave Mama. I'm not ready yet and not to mention the fact the Asher WILL NOT potty train so he wouldn't be allowed into pre-school anyway. :) She sure is beautiful!

Jen said...

argh! quit it! now i'm crying! she IS growing up so fast, its really unbelievable. but she wouldn't be the sweet little girl she is without her wonderful mommy and daddy!