Sunday, August 2, 2009

2 mths

Dear Tanner,

Time is just flying by! I can't believe you are 2 months old today. In so many ways it feels like just yesterday we were driving to the hospital, getting ready to meet you, and now, here you are. It is hard to imagine our lives without you in it! You are so much a part of our family and we love you so much.

This has been such a big month for you. We've gone through some really tough days when you just were fighting sleep and wouldn't sleep anywhere...mommy was pretty tired those days. But it feels like we have been coming out of that recently. You have been falling asleep on your own in your crib without much of a fuss. When you are awake, you are the happiest little guy. You are smiling all the time. I love how you always are staring at me and when I make eye contact with you, you get all smiley and start cooing and just being so adorable. Even if you are so overtired, or if you are nursing, once we make eye contact, there is your big grin :)

You also started rolling over from tummy to back this month which has kind of floored mommy, as your big sister didn't roll over until 5.5 months! I thought it was just a fluke, but you have done it consistently now, during these past 2 weeks. Oh boy. You are always so alert, watching everything, your head arching back to see everything. But I love how in the past week you seem more "settled" and are back to snuggling on mommy's shoulder again. I have missed that.

You are a special little guy to me, and fill my heart more than I thought possible. I love you Tanner Michael!

Love, Mommy

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kylie and crew. said...

I can't believe he rolls! That is amazing. He is SO advanced :) He sure is cute and I'm glad he is sleeping better.

Mama Mia said...

I can't believe how fast he is growing, SO CUTE

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! I can't believe it has already been two months. Take care-Melinda

Kylie and crew. said...

Lori - Saw your comment on my post...Asher likes my pump pieces too! I have a great picture of him pumping too!