Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School!

It was the first day of the school year today! I took good ole Tylenol PM last night to help me sleep, since my sleep record on the night before school tends to be 0/6 so far. Not fun starting the 1st day of school on no sleep, so this year, I felt plenty rested!

The kids came in slowly and so quietly. I've never had kids come in that quiet before! It almost felt "weird" LOL, since the last 2 years, from the first day of school, they were a noisy bunch. But it went well!! Probably one of the better 1st days of school I've ever had. Maybe b/c only 19 showed up? Who knows, but it felt good. I definitely have a few firecrackers who I KNOW will keep me on my toes for sure, but the overall feel of the group is that it's a good one. I have a few parents who really want to be involved too, which is great since the last 3 years, I have had a major lack of parent involvement.

So we will see what tomorrow holds. Hoping today was not just a "fluke", but a sign of how this year will be.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad the 1st day went well!

Mama Mia said...

GOOD LUCK...may you have students who are eager to learn

Anonymous said...

Great Lori! Here's hoping the rest of your full-time schedule goes so smoothly!

ya ya's mom said...

oh yahoo lori, sounds like a good year is coming your way!!!!