Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What a big girl...

Tonight is Sophie's first night in a "big girl bed". I can't believe how grown up my little girl is! We decided to take the railing off her bed tonight and see how she does. With all our travels, Sophie has done so awesome, no matter where she sleeps. On the floor, on an air mattress, on a bed. She goes to sleep fine, wakes up fine and stays in her bed...oh great, that probably just jinxed it! LOL. We thought we'd try it and see how she does. We are in no rush to get her out of it, so not pushing it.

I still remember our first night home from the hospital, when I put Sophie in her crib, all swaddled up and she took up a tiny portion of her crib. Now, I go look at her sleeping and she takes up the majority of it. How time flies.

Sophie was so incredibly excited to sleep in her "big girl bed". She talked and sang for awhile when she went down, but all is quiet now. We'll see how she does!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! We had a rough week when we first transitioned Eva but she was also only 16 months at the time. My little monkey climber....

Every now and then she'll play in her room instead of napping but otherwise stays in her bed!

I'm glad Sophie is doing so well potty training too! I'm jealous :)

Mama Mia said...

How did it go?