Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So hard to understand WHY...

I found out today that some friends from church who were expecting their first child in October, lost their baby today. Erica was nearly 7 months along and hadn't felt her baby move in a few days. They found out this morning that the baby died.

My heart is just grieving for Nate and Erica. What they must be going through right now. I suffered an early miscarriage at 10 weeks before Sophie was born, but to go through most of your pregnancy and to have this happen, it just is so tragic.

I have had a few friends go through losses like this lately and it's hard to know the words to say, or even the thoughts to think. There is just so much confusion and wondering "why".

Please keep Nate and Erica in your prayers tonight as she is delivering her son, and in the next days/weeks/months ahead...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine. Thoughts and prayers going out to them. I hope they find peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Mama Mia said...

Oh Lori, I am so sorry..my thoughts and prayers go out to them....

Jen said...

I am so so sorry for your friends - I can't even imagine going through that. They'll be in my thoughts through the difficult weeks ahead.

House of Buster said...

OH, that is so terrible and I can't imagine what they are going through. It brings me to tears to think of such a thing. They are in my prayers.

Mrs. Bigler said...

Lori,
Your friends are in my prayers. I heard a song that made me think of your post. "Love Them Like Jesus" by Casting Crowns. I will add it to my playlist so you can listen to it.