Monday, April 14, 2008

She's growing up....

I don't know when it happened, but sometime between here and there, Sophie grew up. Was it an overnight thing? Sometimes I think it was. I just look at her and realize she is no longer a baby.

Maybe it's the way she "takes care of" her dolls and her babies, rocking them to sleep, or changing their diapers. Maybe it's the way she asks for "Mommy cuddles" and then looks at me and says "I lub you". Maybe it's seeing her flip through books and singing "ABC's".

Honestly, the first few months having Sophie were so hard. I had no clue what I was doing, and I was a sobbing hormonal emotional mess. On top of just getting used to being a first time mom, I had to deal with elements such as thrush, sensitive baby, colicky baby, severe acid refluxy baby, PPD, and baby who doesn't like to sleep much during the day. I didn't think I'd make it, and often wondered what we had gotten ourselves into.

I look at Sophie now and cannot imagine my life without her. I am constantly laughing by her many antics. She outgrew the reflux, outgrew the colicky, learned to sleep well, and grew into quite a happy little girl. If I knew it would be like this, those first few months probably would have been more bearable.

Happy 23 months Sophie! Can't believe you are almost 2!

20weeks, in utero
Photobucket


10 months
Photobucket


18 months old
Photobucket

Today---23 months old
Photobucket

4 comments:

Adams Family said...

Such a cutie pie!! Hard to believe she is almost 2...time truly does fly.

Jen said...

Oh! I could just cry looking at her ultrasound pic vs her 23 month pic - it is truly amazing how much and how fast Sophie has grown! They really do change your life & make it so much richer than you could ever have imagined before, even after all of those almost unbearable early weeks. The hardships are worth it. (HA! Just listen to me talk NOW! My how things have changed already!) :)

Mama Mia said...

Awww...that brought tears to my eyes....

ya ya's mom said...

ok, you're the queen of cute picture montages!!! wow! and off the record, i'm hoping to get NONE of the kinders from the kinderclub i taught yesterday...eeks!!!