Monday, August 13, 2007

Meeting face-to-face

Today I got to meet up with a lady I've come to know these past few years on the message boards I belong to. It's not the first time I've met up with someone who I've met online, but still, always before a meeting, there is a little bit of nervousness...will I feel awkward with this person? You know a lot about them, but meeting face to face is pretty vulnerable. Sometimes I feel I can "hide" behind the computer. But when you actually meet someone "in real life", you are who you are.

It was really cool though, meeting Lisa and little Taryn. There wasn't awkwardness at all! It was like, "hey, I know you already!". I've seen so many pictures of Taryn, and heard about her so it was great to see her in person and see the cute personality. I felt Lisa and I hit it off too, and it was so nice to hang out with someone who has a child the exact same age, and going through the same things I am with Sophie.

This weekend, when I'm up in Canada, I will also be meeting up with 2 other ladies from one of the boards I've belonged to for 2 years. I am so excited:) These people who have been friends to me for awhile, now getting to know another side of them.

3 comments:

Kristi Mangan said...

Oooh, that's fun! I hope that one day we can meet in person! I'd also love to meet Miss Sophie!

Kristi Mangan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

I know what you mean - I have a few good friends now in "real life" whom I originally met on a message board too. Its always interesting to meet for the first time, but also so fun and just one more way to meet good people!