Sunday, October 10, 2010

Such a sweet, sensitive soul

There are many things that Sophie says/does that just blow me away sometimes. Whether it's sounding out words and actually learning how to read on her own, or whether it's learning to tie her shoe on her own and so excited to show me. But what blesses my heart the most, is to see Sophie's innocent and trusting heart.

Sophie has always been sensitive to "spiritual things" and very understanding in a simplistic way of Jesus and his love for us. She asked Jesus into her heart last year and I KNOW that it was so real to her. She has an absolute faith and trust in Jesus and to see that really blesses me as a parent.

Today, we had on a kids worship DVD that she loves, where there are kids singing her favorite worship songs. She loves watching it and occasionally joining in. Today, I see her standing there singing to the song, "Here I am to Worship", and she is wiping her eyes and crying. She said, "Mommy, I am crying happy tears. I just love God so much". That was enough to send this Mommy to tears too. But then she gasps and looks at me with huge eyes and says, "Mommy, Jesus just touched my heart! He is making me all better! (She has had this lingering cough/congestion)". She was so excited and ran up to me and just wanted to hug me.

I am AMAZED at her "softness". I love seeing her innocent heart. I know she will see and experience many heart aches in her life, many of which will challenge her faith and her trust. But my prayer as her mom is that this softness that she has now in her spirit and this trust she has in Jesus will grow and grow.

She blesses me...

2 comments:

Aly said...

Awww she is such a sweet girl. It's amazing the amount of faith our little ones can have. They are so innocent and pure, sometimes I think my children are more sensitive to spiritual things than I am because of their innocence.

Wright Family said...

So sweet! What a great little girl you have there.