Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm having a moment...



It's been one of those days, or weeks where I am so incredibly sad that I have to work :( I have had so much fun with Sophie lately, going out and doing things like storytime, gymnastics, or just hanging out at home. It has been so enjoyable and Sophie is at this super fun stage right now of just being so much fun. The thought of going to work tomorrow (even for a 2 day week) is making me dissolve in tears.

I've even gotten as far as to mentally start making a list in my head of what we could do so that I didn't have to work...and haven't gotten very far, because at this point, not working is not really an option. We could sell our house, but in this day and market, we'd be losing so much money that it's not worth it.

Do you ever just feel "stuck"?? That no matter what you do, you are in this trapped place? I am so thankful for a job during this scary economic time. But when my wish and desire is to be at home and at this point there doesn't seem to be a logical way to do that, it just makes me so sad...And when my job just makes me so incredibly stressed that I come home a mental case, is that healthy?

3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Oh Lori, I hope you get un stuck...They are at a great age, and while I do feel guilty about B being at school, I know it is very good for him and appreciate the time I get to spend w/ him...how are you feeling?

Katt said...

Oh I know Lori! When I was working, I hated it too but knew there was no other option. Try to remember that soon the school year will be done and you'll be at home with Sophie and your new baby.

Maybe you could find something that you could do from home? Just a thought...there is a website called www.elance.com and it's for people who work from home. I've looked into it but haven't had time to persue anything. I know it's legit.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are feeling stuck. I have no good advice or words of wisdom - just thinking about you.