Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Are these people for real?!?!

I have to say that I tend to be a very logical thinker. I try to apply common sense to all areas of my life. Whether that is in big decisions or little things along the way.

Like I did when I was pregnant with Sophie, I go on "Babycenter.com" and am a part of a birthclub there of other women due in June. It's a good place to go for questions etc about the pregnancy/child bearing, etc. Obviously this is my 2nd pregnancy, but it's still fun to be a part of a group of a ton of women going through the same things you are.

However, there have been some posts on there lately that make me ask, "Are you for real?" Common sense people...here are a few of my favorites:

1. "HELP. I ate a spoonful of cream cheese icing I found from New Years."---this girl was freaked out that she poisoned her baby.

2. "Is cheesecake okay to eat?"

3. "Frequent ultrasounds... is it dangerous?"

4. "I am going to pick up my crib today. I have no IDEA what type of mattress to buy. I know firm but how many coils should it have and whats the best.. I am so confused.."

5. "Can back pain mean you are losing the baby?"

6. "Are heated back massagers safe?"



I'll be sure to post more of my "faves" when new ones appear :)

6 comments:

Katt said...

LMAO...I KNOW! It was like that last year when I was pregnant with the twins...the questions were just insane! I never really clicked with my June 08 group...I guess nothing CLOSE to my Miracle gals!

Jen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! I can't stop laughing because I pretty much wrote the SAME blog entry about stupid questions people would ask on thenestbaby.com. I looked back, and it was on July 9, 2007 to be exact. Too funny. My personal favorite from that time was "Is it safe to get a bikini wax?" Oh my goodness...

Here you go - for old times sake:

http://1mama-mia.blogspot.com/2007/07/its-pregnancy-not-disability.html

ya ya's mom said...

yeah...some people are just. plain. stupid.

and on your note about your soaking tub....are you trying to keep me from becoming an alcoholic? lol

thanks for the offer...i may just take you up on it! :)

Rebecca said...

HAHAHAH! I love it! People are so funny!

Anonymous said...

This blog entry made me laugh. I remember reading one where the woman was worried because she ate a tuna sandwich. I wanted to ask her how she made it through her day. Seriously.

At least you can laugh! Keep'em coming.

Melissa said...

Too funny! Just think, before long the stupid questions won't happen as often and in their place will be debates/fights about vaccination, circumision, natural childbirth, scheduled c/s, formula, breast feeding, television watching, CIO etc... The list goes on and on.