Saturday, May 29, 2010

My baby girl is 4

It's hard to believe that I am a mother to a 4 year old. The day Sophie was born still is so clear to me and I can't believe she is 4 already. It has been quite the exciting and full year for Sophie. Here is a run-down of some super important things that happened this year!

*Sophie became a big sister on June 2/2009, to baby brother Tanner!

*Sophie started pre-school

*Sophie got her first hair-cut!

*Sophie had her very first sleepover at Auntie Kelly's house (and didn't get much sleeping in, I'm afraid)

*Sophie went on her first camping trip (with Daddy!)

*Sophie asked Jesus into her heart :)

*Sophie is starting to learn how to read (she knows all her letter names/sounds and loves to write words she knows, and sound out words).


Sophie has really grown up so much this year. I look at pictures of her 1 year ago and 3, and she still had that "baby" look to her. Now I look at her and I see a big girl. She is still my silly little girl who makes us laugh all the time. Sophie is so expressive and dramatic and could spend all day, everyday playing dress-up (and sometimes she does!) The things she comes up with and says sometimes blows me away (and often makes me giggle too).

We are so blessed to have Sophie in our lives and I love my precious girl more than words can say.

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

What a great four years! Happy Birthday, Sophie. Tell her she needs to come and visit with Tessa - they'd have a blast!